Friday, December 02, 2005

Espana


Perdon por la ausencia. Este bendito clima que siempre le hace dano a mi garganta. Ayer me dio gripe y dolor de garganta por eso me fui rapidito a la cama.
But today I am very happy because one of my students who went to Spain for a week, returned and brought me some spanish instant food and a cool calendar.
I have never been to Spain but she told me something very interesting, she was trying very hard to understand people from Barcelona...she studies Spanish but she didn't have a clue of what they were talking ...until she realized that what they were speaking was Catalan...
And another thing a lighter in South America is called encendedor, in Cuba fosforera and in Spain fuego...I checked the dictionary and it seems that encendedor is the correct word.

No comments: